What's in this article?
What is the Perfect Breast Size?
For many women, it can be difficult to determine what breast size will be ideal for them. There are so many different factors that could play into the equation, including things such as personal preferences and needs. There are many people who believe that finding out what is the perfect breast size might not be all that easy. With so many personal tastes, there is a lot of room for discussion. However, there are some who believe that not only are perfect breasts attainable, but there is a mathematical formula that can be followed to achieve them.
Scientists have been conducting aesthetic research for many years, trying to determine how beauty can be put into objective terms. Almost all features have been examined for the ideal proportions, including breasts, and now scientists believe that they have determined how to find the perfect breast shape.
In a study that involved asking over a thousand people to look at pictures of breasts, scientists have been able to determine that the ideal breast shape is one of the 45 to 55 ratio. This means that the shape should contain a forty five percent fullness above the nipple line, followed by a fifty five percent fullness below it. This results in a slight teardrop shape. Researchers have noted that this general ratio can be found in women of all races and sizes, and that these breasts are almost universally considered to be the most attractive.
While the ideal breast shape can be found according to the aforementioned research, there has been a little more variation in regards to the perfect breast size. The average American breast size was found to be 34DDD, and many men have said that they prefer Cs and Ds when it comes to overall size. However, because the size itself is not as important as the way that the breast is shaped, when it comes to general beauty standards, it is recommended for women interested in increasing their breast sizes to think about their options.
If you need a confidence boost, or feel as though you would be more successful in your field with larger breasts, most plastic surgeons will recommend for you to invest in a plastic surgery option for at least one breast size higher. Not only will this give you the desired size increase, but the surgeon will also help shape your breast to make sure that it follows the most attractive formula for the best results. If you would like to have a breast reduction performed, on the other hand, whether to develop better shaping or to prepare for a more athletic pursuit, you may want to do some research on what will provide you with the best results.
No matter what you need, however, it is highly recommended for you to consult with a plastic surgeon beforehand so that you know what to expect and what will be best for you. With a little bit of research and personal planning, it can be easy for you to get the size you want in the most attractive shape.
There are a variety of breast shapes and types
The Perfect Breast Shape
- The nipple is pointed outwards and is parallel to the ground. The breast should be well toned and supple with no evidence of sagging.
- The breasts do not sag but slightly bend inwards above the areola. This results in the breast to bend so the nipples point upwards and are slightly vertical to the ground.
- Are found to have very little volume of fatty tissues in them. They usually have smaller nipples and areolas with little cleavage in-between the two breasts. Hence
- Gravity always seems to work against anything that tries to stand erect and breasts are no exception.
- Women with large breasts have a high volume of fatty tissues in their breasts. The nipples and areolas can often be found to be bigger with women with large breasts. To prevent sagging, it is vital that women with large breast wear the right kind of bra support.
Constricted or Tubular Breast
- Often called as tuberous breasts, tubular breasts or constricted breasts, they are visibly narrow cylindrical or tubular in shape like egg plants. This breast shape is found to have extremely small nipples and areolas. In some cases, the nipple may be overtly prominent due to the breast tissues being herniated or squeezed into the tip. The constricted breast shape means that the two breasts are far apart due to the small base.
Pigeon or Pectus Carinatum
- These are severely deformed breasts that lie almost flat against the chest. The breastbone protrudes forward and the breasts do not truly look like breasts.
- This is the opposite of the pectus carinatum. Here the chest sinks in and is also referred sometimes as the sunken chest.